ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE HOTEL BUILDING
The registered immovable Pikk 29/Lai 24 represents
a household that is characteristic to Tallinn Old Town with its specifically shaped lot and Gothic building elements.
The household consisted of a residential house,
an administrative building behind it and an exit to Lai Street at the back side of the lot. The structure of the building has been preserved to date. The lot has long and narrow buildings on it, an arched exit, little landscaping and a yard covered with cobblestones.
The building is a three-story limestone diele- dornse type house with crossvault cellar. The original features and interior planning of the house have been well preserved to date. Elements that have been preserved inside the house are a classical baluster and a wooden staircase, a cut stone surround and structures and ceilings supported by stone cantilever. On the cellar level, items from earlier construction periods have also been found. Slab doors originate from the 19th century.
The first written data about the house dates back to 1355, when the house was owned by a local town government member Johannes Charlet and later his widow, who consigned the property into the ownership of Friedrich de Molnen in 1368. In 1400, the property was sold to town government member Arnt Saffenberg, who was a member of Reval town government in 1402–1431. In 1435, Goldschalk Tymmerman, who married the daughter of Arnt Saffenberg, became the owner of the property by obtaining it through marriage. Goldschalk Tymmerman became the citizen of Reval and a town government member in 1435. His three sons and a brother, who as a town government member in Hanseatic town Danzig, are also mentioned. On 12 March 1457, the beadles of Timmerman’s sons conceded their father’s property to Hinrik Dellingkhusen, who became a member of the Brotherhood of Blackheads in 1479, but married Margaretha von Wehrden already in 1483. They had 3 sons and 3 daughters. In 1525, the heirs conceded the property to son Corth Dellingkhusen, who married town government member’s Euert Hesselsi’s daughter Magdalena and was a town government member in 1525–1533. The property was then inherited by Corth Dellingkhusen’s son and later by the grandson. On 11 May 1658, the beadles of minor heirs of Ewert Dellingshausen conceded the property to Jochim Schultz, who came from Hamburg and became the citizen of Reval in 1653. Jochim Schultz was married to Margaretha von Vegesack. Since 1716, the property belonged to town government member Dietrich Ver Meer, who was a Burgomaster in Reval in 1742–1760. Dietrich Ver Meer conceded the property to merchant Ernst von Muhlen and his widow, Elisabeth, put it on an auction, where it was obtained by Johannes Mickwitz. Johannes Mickwitz died single in 1807. In the 19th century, the house belonged to Major Peter-Eberhard von Reimers, merchant Friedrich-Gottlieb von Husen and town government member Constantin Meyer. On 24 February 1901, the house was bought by Helene von Nottbeck (born de Soucanton).